We believe that there is no book that is perfect but the Bible. Because of requests, we have put together the following book and reading list. These resources have blessed us immensely! :-)
This reading list has been a valuable source of information for our wonderful happy marriage in the Lord! We believe that our studying before marriage and having healthy and realistic expectations has blessed us so much! Not only did we look to serve each other by constant sacrifice and selflessness but also by doing all that we did heartily unto the Lord with praise, joy, and thanksgiving!
Because of these things, by His grace, we feel that we have been spared from many heartaches that most couples experience. Our marriage is sweeter and stronger even more so than in our honeymoon phase. We continue to grow fond of each other while enjoying each other's company, friendship, and counsel. We are each other's best friends!
Take the wheat and throw the chaff and most importantly of all, study God's Word and see what He says on the matter.
May you be blessed as you seek to honor the Lord in all that you do and have a beautiful fulfilling marriage that exemplifies Christ and His glory!
For God's precious glory, Tim and Franicia White
(Reviews and more resources to be added)
1. Getting Ready for Marriage Workbook by Jerry Hardin and Dianne Sloan
2. Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts, Revised: Seven Questions to Ask Before and After You Marry by Dr. Les Parrott and Dr. Leslie Parrott
1. The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
2. What Husbands Wish Their Wives Knew About Men by Patrick M. Morley
1. The Exemplary Husband by Stuart Scott
2. What Wives Wish Their Husbands Knew About Women by Dr. James C. Dobson
Husband and Wife
1. The Duggars: 20 and Counting! by Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar
2. A Love That Multiplies: An Up-Close View of How They Make it Work by Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar
1. Created to Need a Help Meet: A Marriage Guide for Men by Michael Pearl